Stepping Out and Stopping

Today I am grateful for the trees filling out and bursting with green. I am also grateful for the wisdom others share in so many genuine ways.

Tara Brach-psychologist, meditation teacher, and author-offers this wisdom:

"Stepping out of the busyness, stopping our endless pursuit of getting somewhere else, 
is perhaps the most beautiful offering we can make to our spirit."  

Those of you who know me, know that I can easily get caught up in the busyness, the endless pursuits of one task after another. Living gratefully, seeking a deeper spiritual existence, have helped me step out, stop, appreciate the moment more.

As I stepped outside this morning, here is what wisdom came my way:

*I paused to listen to the birds, and I realized that they know their pace. They sing naturally and with a rhythm and grace, not bothered by any other agenda, or any clock but Nature's.

*I stopped on my walk with Oliver to gaze at the beautiful moon and a few clouds rolling by. They know their pace as well. It is calming to simply take in my surroundings with a grateful mindset. 

When I came back in our house and took a drink of water, I brought my mind's attention to that water. How it got to me this morning, how it is so crucial to Earth and to each of us. I honored that drink of water, and by doing so, I honored the moment and the gifts in it.

Sound too simple? In ways, this stepping out and stopping is hard for me. Simple is good. I'll take simple.  

Relish in opportunities to step out, stop, live fully in the moment today. It is indeed a beautiful offering to one's spirit, and the spirit of our wider humanity. 



Comments

  1. Great words from Tara Brach and also from you Lisa. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aileen! I keep going back to the words "beautiful offering."
      They sound so gentle, so helpful.

      Delete

Post a Comment