Go.

Today I am grateful for my job and the opportunity to meet the parents of students I work with. I am also grateful for what work experience has taught me professionally and personally.

Go! Ready. Set. Go. The preparing and waiting are over. It is time to proceed. We can go fast, slow, reverently, or haphazardly. In any given circumstance, one of these approaches may be absolutely the right way. The trick is knowing which approach is best when. The better I know myself, the better I am at knowing when and how to move forward. Denial, fear, and ego all have a way of clouding my judgment and misdirecting. The more willingness and humility I have, the more effectively I go.

This quote from www.gratefulness.org's "Word for the Day" a couple days ago was:

"And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." (Meister Eckhart)

Ready. Set. Go. The magic of beginnings can be as simple as starting my day with a little gratitude to help keep my perspective healthy and positive. Or as significant as being at the starting line with hundreds or thousands of other runners to begin a 26.2 mile journey. Or as life-changing as choosing to stay sober today.

Trusting myself, the direction and flow of life, and trusting a power beyond myself are all good things to pack before I "go."

I will take a grateful attitude with me as I go ahead into this day.

Comments