Trust Your Gut

Today I am grateful for an awareness of my senses as I begin this new day. The sound of running water. The smell of fresh air. The taste of a banana.

Line 7 from the "Ten Things to Always Remember" quote is: Within you are so many answers.

The first thing that comes to my mind with that line is "trust your gut." I am grateful today that I do trust my gut. Life experience, learning from mistakes, feeling painful emotions have all been part of what it took to get me to trust myself and to know what is best for me when decisions come along.

Those decisions can be simple, daily ones or they can be more significant life decisions. Decisions like saying "yes" when my husband proposed. Or like choosing not to have reconstruction after my mastectomies. Those decisions have both worked out well.

I guess it really comes down to "believe in yourself."  Thank you to all those people in my life over the years who have helped me do just that. 

Comments