Take a Seat

Today I am grateful for the many messengers who send wisdom my way on a daily basis.

I am also grateful my husband and I could attend my son's middle school open house last night. He is a 5th grader at a 5-8 Middle School, so it was our first time with this format.

I got to take a seat as a parent. The school I work at has an open house with a similar format: follow your child's schedule, go from class to class, meet the teachers, see the rooms. I like the approach and think it works well and gives parents the flavor of their child's school day.

After so many years on the teacher or counselor side, (I taught high school social studies for 10 years and just began my 15th year as a school counselor) it was nice to take that seat, pressure off, and just listen.

Taking a seat allows a different view and a new perspective, and that is a good thing.

Gratitude also brings different views and new perspectives.

What a deal!  Have a good day unless you've made other plans.

Comments