Relish Tray

Today I am grateful for my step-son Arthur and his new fiance Alyssa. The excitement and happiness is contagious.  I am grateful for a good, solitary run this morning. I appreciate the time to myself.

I also appreciated the message I carried through my day yesterday: Relish life.

Here is a sampling of the things I put on my figurative relish tray thoughout the day, making for a nice, fortifying meal at day's end:

-the smell of breakfast as I prepared it for my family
-making beds with clean sheets
-a fresh breeze coming across the field at Sam's football game
-my step-son and his girlfriend Alyssa becoming engaged
-a nap
-sitting on our front porch talking to Darcy
-the beautiful colors of dusk and sunset
-Oliver's excitement upon our return home
-writing inspiration and time to put pen to paper
-pre-marathon anticipation

To move beyond just survival to relishing life starts with awareness. Be aware today.

Comments