#10 Is In The Books

Today I am grateful to have support in my recovery from alcoholism. I am grateful to not feel lonely, isolated, and hopeless anymore.

I also appreciate the safe travels to and from the Omaha Marathon this weekend and for my mother-in-law Marlene's help. I am happy to report that Darcy and I both finished Marathon #10. My profile picture now is the two of us ready to leave the hotel to head to the start area, with some extra layers on as it was in the 30's. It was a beautiful day weather-wise.

I am reveling in the accomplishment, but dealing with the let-down that always comes too, after looking forward to and working for something for months. But there are many things to talk about as I reflect on this latest marathon.

For starters, we ran with some amazing people. You think we're crazy??  One woman we ran with had run well over 100 marathons, including one on each continent. You think that's crazy?? Another woman was running, I believe she said, her 219th marathon. Crazy??  She had plenty to talk about. Wow! She said she's been told she should write a book about her experiences. I say: "Write the book. I'll buy it."

And the only way we ended up talking to these folks was by getting out there and joining in. Our goal was to finish and we did. Both of us are finding motivation in this marathon for our next marathon. Motivation to train harder. Motivation to shed a few pounds.

Motivation like the motivation I employ daily to keep practicing an attitude of gratitude.

Practicing gratitude is not a sprint race either. Daily work for daily dividends. Have a good day!

Comments