August Blooms

Today I am grateful for a walk with my friend yesterday. Our pace was quick and our conversation genuine.

I am also grateful for the writing group that I attended last night. It is the third time I have gone and I hope to continue. I prefer time to myself and prefer to write in solitude, so this is a good way for me to branch out and grow in ways I might otherwise miss.

And this morning I also appreciate the sight that caught my eye when I walked out in our backyard earlier. I was taking down our patio umbrellas in anticipation of some rain. I noticed a stunning and grand blossom in our flower garden. I don't know the name of the flower, but the blossom is a good 6 inches in diameter, light pink on the petals with a deeper red in the center.

When we moved to this house, we were the beneficiaries of the work of a master gardener. She planted beautiful combinations that always seemed to have something blooming and lots of color variety. My husband Darcy has tended the gardens in the years since. Thank you both!

I am guilty of taking this backyard beauty for granted on many days. Today my Higher Power sent me an eye-catching reminder. It IS the little things that matter.

The flower is my new profile picture. (I am grateful I could figure out how to do that from phone to computer to blog . . . in short time and with no frustration.)

I appreciate that it is not perfectly shaped, just like us. But it is still a perfect gift to share this morning. Maybe someone can identify it for me. Have a good day!

Comments