One of a Kind

Today I am grateful for time with my son Sam yesterday and for his laughter as we watched a Paranorman matinee. I am also grateful for heat without the humidity.

Back to line 2 of the Ten Things to Always Remember and One Thing to Never Forget quote:

"You're truly one of a kind."

Many random thoughts come to mind as I ponder that line. I guess I'll just let them flow out as they will.

*I used to feel "one of a kind" in a negative-poor Lisa-no one understands my pain kind of
way. That did nothing but compound my self-pity and isolate me.
*Today I feel the "one of a kind" that allows me to appreciate my unique gifts and experiences and how I can share them with others.
*If we all see each other as special and "one of a kind" in our own ways, we will likely be kinder, gentler, and more tolerant of one another. And also see our loved ones for the real gifts they are. With our flaws come our special features too.
*Nature is so awe-inspiring to me because it is all about "one of a kind."  One of a kind sunrises and sunsets, one of a kind blossoms, one of a kind views of rivers, waterfalls, and so much more.

If I keep "one of a kind" in mind today it will be a blessing and I will see others and my surrounding world in a better light. That's my plan. How about you?

Comments

  1. Lisa, this is a wonderful reflection...thanks for sharing your wisdom with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie! Your suggestion to celebrate the ordinary lines right up with practicing daily gratitude. Onward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment