"There's a Lisa"

Today I am grateful for the breeze that kept the bugs off and brought cooler, drier air back. I am also grateful for my hair stylist Lori.


Lori paid me a big compliment yesterday. We were talking about this blog and she went on to say that a few days ago, struck by a moment of gratitude she said to herself  "There's a Lisa." You mean my words have motivated others to think more about gratitude? Wow! Powerful and humbling!

I have moved several times in my adult life and only had one other regular stylist over those years. Tracy was a school friend and I went to her when I lived in the area where I grew up, or was able to get back there regularly. Otherwise I bounced around and went wherever was convenient, including the first couple years we lived here. Then I decided I deserved a stylist of my own that I could go to regularly and get to know and trust. I went to a place I could walk to from where we lived at the time and met Lori. We have both relocated since, and gone through some life changes and challenges, but I am comfortable with her, I trust her, she does a great job, and I enjoy the conversations we have every six weeks or so.

When I started chemo in Sept. of 2008, Lori said when the time came she would come to my house to shave my head. So she did. I really appreciated having that experience in the privacy of my home and just around her and my family. We laughed, pictures and video were taken, and it wasn't traumatic.

"There's a Lisa."  Gratitude shared is gratitude multiplied. Thanks Lori! 

Comments