A Trip to the Grocery Store

Today I am grateful for a nice evening for the first of Hastings' August outdoor summer concert series and for the music of the River Valley Band. I appreciate so much about what our community has to offer.

It bears repeating that gratitude can be found anywhere. ANYWHERE! And sometimes it is the mundane tasks of life, like going to get groceries, that presents an opportunity for what I am dubbing "snowball effect gratitude." It starts small, but with a little push, it keeps growing.

Following is a list of random aspects of gratitude as I was hit by the snowball on my way home from the grocery store Sunday:

-a car to take to and from the store and it is in good working condition
-reading ability to tell what a label or coupon says
-writing ability to create a list before going
-physical capability and mobility--to push my own cart, bag my groceries, take them to my car,and unload them at home
-money to pay the grocery bill
-coupons at my disposal to save some money
-sense of taste and smell as I look forward to some of the food I purchased
-the convenience and variety of what is available
-enjoying the radio and windows down to and from the store
-appreciating the streets I have to drive on

This is why gratitude is so very powerful and so very available. If you see gratitude all around you, the world looks like a better, happier, more welcoming place doesn't it?

It goes back to what Habitual Gratitude is all about: "Building a better perception of self and surrounding world through the regular practice of gratitude."

Comments