A Lost Quote Returns

Today I am grateful for my reading light and a good pile of books to be delving into. Too bad I usually fall asleep after a few paragraphs.

I am also grateful for phone conversations with my friend Jenny and my sisters Zita and Mary Jo. I appreciate being able to spend a few minutes with them and staying in touch.

I came across this quote on a bookmark when I was going through some books I had set aside for a time. It certainly gives me plenty to ponder and many lessons about gratitude:

Ten Things to Always Remember . . . and One Thing to Never Forget

1. Your presence is a present to the world.
2. You're truly one of a kind.
3. Your life can be what you want it to be.
4. Take the days one at a time.
5. Count your blessings, not your troubles.
6. You'll make it through whatever comes along.
7. Within you are so many answers.
8. Have courage.
9. Be strong.
10. Wish upon a star.
And don't ever forget how very special you are.
                                             (Collin McCarty)

As I typed this, it sparked many thoughts on each point. Speaking of delving, tomorrow I will start delving into this quote line by line.  For today, just reading through it a couple times has already slowed me down and calmed me.

The power of the written word. Have a good day!





Comments

  1. Lisa,
    I'm a huge huge believer in the power of the written word too. Thanks for the great list of things to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the cool thing about the written word is that it is like a gift that keeps on giving. Sometimes the words bring back a memory and sometimes they bring new meaning because of new life experience.
    Thanks Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment