A "Fair" Amount of Gratitude

Today I am grateful for wisdom and support in recovery from alcoholism . . . from others walking the same path. I am also grateful for coolness that required a sweatshirt yesterday morning.

And one more thing to be grateful for: The Dakota County Fair. Arguably, this blog effort has enhanced  my level of day-to-day gratitude. That is a really cool thing!  That positive perception thing I mention? It is playing out for me and it did yesterday. I could have been tired and crabby and noticed the downside of an event like a crowded, noisy, smelly fair. Instead, I kept getting hit by little shots of gratitude that added up to a "fair" amount of gratitude.

An older couple walking by holding hands. The tempting smells of food you only find at the fair. Seeing a friend. Witnessing a young boy get off of a midway ride and announce to his family with a big smile on his face "That was awesome!" My son having a buddy to run with. Pleasant co-workers and customers at the 4-H diner. Walking through the dairy barn.

I don't have to look far for things to be grateful for when I am tuned in to thankful contemplation.

Have a good day! 

Comments