Blinker as Indicator

Today I am grateful to be part of the Voices of Hope DVD project. More on that later in the week.

I am also grateful for acceptance of life on life's terms. At least more acceptance than I used to be able to muster.

A couple weeks ago the right blinker (you might call in a turn signal) on the car my step-daughter Emily drives went out. She was under a time constraint and needed it fixed. I was able to help out and take it to get fixed. It didn't take long at all and I wasn't late for the meeting I had planned that morning. A brief stressor was removed in short order.

Yesterday I was on my way home from work and Emily called. This time the left blinker had gone out and again she was under a time constraint. Could I help her out? 

Well, I could and I did. I appreciate that our "car shop" worked us in quickly too.

When I got that call yesterday, I was running late, tired, had a lot on my mind. But when she called I just chuckled. Two blinkers out in two weeks. There would have been a time my reaction would have been different and unpleasant. I didn't like life on life's terms. I wanted to name the terms.

Slowly I have made progress. Blinkers don't only indicate turns, they indicate turning points of progress in my efforts to grow up. 

Comments