Real Generosity

Today I am grateful for Sam's involvement in wrestling and for the strong program we have here. I am also grateful to coffee growers.

The other day I wrote about generous attention and giving it to the present. This quote furthers
that idea:
"Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present." 
(Albert Camus)

I hadn't really thought about it that way before. By giving our attention to now, we are better preparing for and creating the kind of future we want.

Mindfulness keeps our priorities straight, our passions strong, our relationships healthy.

Mindful presence, for me made more possible through regular gratitude practice, makes it more likely for me to have the energy and focus to not only do what needs to be done, but also keep pursuing my long-term goals and dreams.

I will seek a generous dose of ongoing presence today. 

Comments