100 Times a Day

Today I am grateful for this present moment and the beautiful song I am listening to with ears that can hear well and a heart that feels the range of emotions the song brings. (It is Allison Crowe's live version of Hallelujah.)

It is Thanksgiving Day in America. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Every day is a day for giving thanks.
If you wish you put more focus on gratefulness in your own life, if you are looking to incorporate gratitude practice into your routine, make today the day you begin.

We blink over 25,000 times a day. Our hearts beat over 100,000 times a day. Consider Albert Einstein's words:

A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors 
of other people living and dead and that I must exert myself in order to give in the 
full measure I have received and am still receiving.

I also wrote about this quote earlier in my blogging days. Read it here.

The first thoughts that come to my mind this morning as I read these words are thoughts of my parents. They gave me life and an upbringing that has helped shape me in to who I am today. Thank you Mom and Dad! I will continue to strive to make a difference, like the two of you have.

In fitting fashion, I close with a quote from Brother David Steindl-Rast today:

The greatest gift one can give is thanksgiving. In giving gifts, we give what we can
spare, but in giving thanks we give ourselves.
A big thank you to all of my faithful readers who inspire me to keep giving of myself here. And my deepest gratitude to friends and family who have helped me at the most difficult times in my life. 

Comments

Post a Comment