Thank you SARK for These Words

Today I am grateful for the daily recovery from alcoholism that is available to me if I choose it. I am also grateful for my husband Darcy and the many ways we understand each other.

This quote got me thinking the other day:

"And so, I kept writing, and slowly began to like what I wrote, and if I didn't like it, 
I accepted it. As the pile of journals grew higher, I grew more confident.
My journal became a place I felt experienced." 
(SARK, from her book Living Juicy: Daily Morsels for Your Creative Soul)

SARK is the pen name of author and artist Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy. Read a little about her. Pick up one of her numerous books and have some fun. I found the one above at our local library's book sale. I love when books get recycled like this. 

I especially appreciate the last line in the quote above. Early on in my life, there weren't many places I felt comfortable or experienced. I was full of insecurity and inhibitions. Pen to paper quickly became a saving grace for me in many ways. Journaling, putting my thoughts down and releasing them from my troubled mind, did immense good then and still can today.

My pile of journals stacks pretty high now too. Life experiences are chronicled in them, but from them stems a confidence and a courage that eventually spread to other areas of my life.

Today, I am comfortable in my journals, but also in myself. Thanks SARK and all who have inspired and motivated me over the years! 

It starts with the simple action of forming words and recording them. Use a cloth-covered journal or your laptop, your phone, or whatever works for you. I encourage you to start if you haven't and continue if you have. 

I will be taking a break from blogging for a few days. Enjoy these next days, moment by moment, hour by hour.

Comments