Meaningful Conversations

Today I am grateful for morning quietude and for the various conversations I participated in yesterday.

The day started with some difficult conversations, supporting a school other than my own, at a sad time. Teachers who needed to process emotions or be reassured of classroom plans. Students who wanted to talk about their friend. I am grateful I was able to be available and offer support.

Later in the day, it was conversation of the more pleasant variety; a gathering of current and former co-workers and a nice meal. It was especially fun to see some recently retired colleagues near and dear to me in our years of working together.

Back when we worked together, conversations were easier to come by. We were in the same building day after day and opportunities to converse were plentiful. I miss these friends and our conversations.

Today I will look for opportunities for meaningful conversations and be fully present in them.

Comments