Sparkling Sunshine

Today I am grateful for Leo's smiles and giggles and for a safe morning commute yesterday in treacherous driving conditions.

I also appreciate safe travels to visit Arthur and Alyssa over the weekend and the time we got to spend with them as well as Alyssa's parents. 

Add to that the nice meal Sam prepared for us and cleaned up after on Sunday evening as part of a school assignment. Good job Sam and the lemon chicken breasts and steamed asparagus were tasty!

I am not the sort of gal who likes sparkly things in my wardrobe and accessories. The exception would be the diamond rings my husband Darcy has given me. Otherwise I keep it mostly basic and rarely flashy. 

But sparkling sunshine, that I do go out of my way for. Sparkles like these:


It was a cold Saturday morning run, but the beautiful snow, frost, and sunshine combination made it worth bundling up and putting one foot in front of the other. It made it worth the pause to get my phone out, take a glove off, and take a couple pictures. Then we were off and running again.

Sparkling life. Blessed life. Close calls. 

Reading about those who die from metastatic breast cancer. Catching a news story about yet another drunk driver dying or killing. And I get to partake of sparkling sunshine.

Pay attention to the sparkles in your life today. The obvious and less obvious.

Comments

  1. Pay attention to the sparkles in your life today - I needed that gem - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One sparkle seems to light the way to the next one . . . Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment