Mysteries of Life

Today I am grateful for the mysteries of life-both those I can wrap my head around and those that seem unanswerable.

After reading the quote I used in yesterday's post, I pondered the mysteries of life a few times during the day. I started with ones that my non-scientific brain is awed and confused by:
-How does electricity really work?
-How do cellular phones work?
-How do all of these wireless connections actually operate?
-How can a computer that is barely a pound or two be capable of so much?

Those aren't mysteries to everyone, but they are to me. I do appreciate all of the above and the conveniences they provide. But it all scares me a little bit too. Computers are smarter/faster than people. Is this a good thing?

Which brings me to another mystery of life I was considering.  Our brains. Computers may be smarter and faster in ways, but they typically can't move themselves. We can. An instant message from my brain to my arms and legs and I am off and running. Literally.

Then there's the variety of voices and laughter. There are billions of people on the planet, and some may sound similar, but we all get our own distinct voice and laughter.  I think about the people I know and care about and how much their unique tones of voice can tell me about how they are doing. Amazing.

That's enough for now. That's plenty to be grateful for and further intrigued by. It motivates me to keep paying attention, and that is what gratefulness is all about.

Comments