Randomly Random

Today I am grateful for being able-bodied and alive and I am grateful for warm milk on cereal.

Today's post consists of random thoughts flowing from a random brain...

*It's easy to forget how nice a smooth commute to work is, until you have one that is anything but smooth. I will spend the winter months appreciating every decent commute I get.

*There is always more to learn, no matter what the topic or context. Most of the time I find that encouraging, not discouraging.

*I don't miss hangovers. But I try not to forget how they felt.

*Ever since I lost my hair during chemo, in the winter months I find simple comfort in wearing my favorite hooded sweatshirt, with the hood up, around the house.

*December 1, 2015: Our brother-in-law Roger died one month ago.  Our nephew Brennan turned
16. Life is full of such dichotomies.

The best I can strive for is to live fully and thankfully today. That is enough.



Comments