12 Things 1200 Posts Have Taught Me

Today I am grateful for safe travels and time with my family to celebrate a baptism and Christmas. 

Today is post #1200 on "Habitual Gratitude." I pondered what that means to me and came up with these 12 things learned from 1200 posts:

1. Gratitude shared is gratitude multiplied.

2. If life is what you make it, mindful gratefulness helps make it more and better in
the ways that truly matter-more peaceful and better perceptions. 

3. Gratitude and self-pity cannot coexist. I firmly believe that, but I can't 
convince you of it. Only you can do that, with your own actions and effort. 
That is the only way it works.

4. Write with readers in mind but try to keep ego out of it.

5. Gratitude is always possible, which means writing about gratitude is always possible.

6. Habitual is a word that often gets a bad rap (i.e. habitual offender, habitual user), 
but healthy habits are worth repeating habitually. (Besides, I like the fact that 
my sister Danita gave me the idea for my blog title.)

7. My blog has helped me connect and reconnect with many people.

8. Expectations of self and others can get me in trouble. Best to keep it simple. 
It doesn't get any simpler than right here, right now.

9. Speaking of simple, the most profound gratitude can flow from the simplest 
of things or moments.

10. I'm a better writer than I was 1200 posts ago.

11.Writing is a craft best honed with regular practice.

12. Life isn't always fair. True. Let us remember that also means 
we get far more gifts than we deserve.

Thank you to my faithful readers and to any and all who take time to read
any of my words. Have a good day!  

Comments

  1. Way to go Lisa! They say the first 1200 are the hardest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) In that case, I look forward to the next 1200. Onward!

      Delete

Post a Comment