Inviting and Letting

Today I am grateful for my son Sam's help yesterday with some grocery shopping and cookie baking, and the conversations we shared as we helped one another. I am also grateful I got to see our grandson Leo crawling. The curious little one is on the move!

I am also grateful for a phone conversation with my sister Aileen and that my husband Darcy is feeling better as he recovers from being sick.

This Pema Chodron quote was the "Word for the Day" on www.gratefulness.org yesterday:

"Welcome the present moment as if you had invited it. Why? Because it is all we ever have." 

Then, when I got yesterday's mail, Aileen had sent me a card with this quote on it:

"Life is kind of beautiful if you just let it come to you."  (from the play "You Can't Take It With You")

This after my closing words in yesterday's post were "It all starts with an open mind and heart."

Is someone trying to tell me something? Apparently.

Go with it Lisa. Too often I don't go with the flow, I try to change the flow, I try to control what I have no business controlling. It is exhausting and futile.

In ways, 2015 has had many challenges and concerns, both in my own family and my extended family. Add my job to the mix, and I am definitely guilty of trying too hard. An open mind and heart allowed the messages above to get through. They allowed me to enjoy my time with Sam and Darcy yesterday because I wasn't as wrapped up in getting everything done. I was more interested in enjoying what I was doing at that particular moment.

Inviting the day ahead. Letting it unfold rather than causing it to unravel. Sounds like a good plan!

Comments

  1. Let the day come instead of grabbing at it. Thanks for your wisdom, love and support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I let the day come, it unfolds. When I grab at it, it unravels. Which would I prefer? Unfolding sounds much more peaceful. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment