Signs

Today I am grateful for holiday traditions and old family recipes. I am also grateful for my friends, old and new.

As my sisters and I navigated through two major airports and the surrounding areas last week on our travels, I was most appreciative of good signage. These places are huge and present many options as far as which direction to go. Without signs, it would be confusing and stressful. Thanks to the multitude of signs, we made our way from gates, to baggage claim, to ground transportation all pretty easily.

On my way to work after these travels and with signs on my mind, I realized that there was a new sign at the exit I take off the interstate to get to my job. Apparently the road at that exit got a name and number change. It was a bit disconcerting at first. Then I relaxed. It's not the name or number that matters, it's the road itself. That still takes me where I need to go. Things change, including road names and numbers. Go with the flow.

And then there are more profound signs. From nature. From deceased loved ones. From a Higher Power. Open minds and open hearts allow the signs to be seen.

Comments