Tapped Out

Today I am grateful for a nice venue to watch a football game in last night and for some more rain overnight.

I am groggy and tired this morning. I was tossing around a few ideas for blog posts, but frankly, some of them required more energy and time than I can muster this morning. That's okay. We all feel tapped out at times. I need to honor that and respect my own resources.

Tapped out. Life has a way of doing that to us. Watching the news can tap me out. Flooding victims returning to wrecked homes. D.C. shooting victims identified. Heavy news.

Tapped out. Care and concern for others can drain me too. Illness, addiction, upcoming appointments, and other "stuff."

My own expectations of myself can exhaust me at times. My sister calls it excessive responsibility. I call it bad for my health and peace of mind.

This morning, I am recognizing that I am uninspired. It happens. I'm human.

But I'm still grateful for this blog, for this day. I am grateful I can pause to ponder my own state of mind long enough to decide that just for today, a short and simple post is enough.

Comments