Keeping Record

Today I am grateful for a chance to see my stepdaughter Emily and for fresh produce from a local garden stand.
 
I was happy to put away the two items in the picture below the other day. The green notebook includes information about my cancer diagnosis and pretty much all of the appointments I have had since that journey began over five years ago. Early on, I wrote many questions and I also wrote some of the answers I was hearing because I knew I wouldn't be able to retain it all myself. Today, I still have a few questions for my oncologist every time I see her. I am grateful for this green notebook because I am the kind of person who likes to keep important information accessible. I had the notebook out to reference some things as I went through my recent month of health-related happenings.
 
 
 
 
The lighter green folder is the latest addition to my personal approach to keeping medical records. It's all the stuff that came out of my Aug. 12-Sept. 12 month-long medical odyssey. You can read about that here.   
 
It was capped off by my post-op appointment with my surgeon last Thursday. The pathology report from surgery is the last thing I put in the folder. I am grateful to put this stretch behind me, and grateful to be well on the road to recovery. I keep my records in a safe place and I always know where to find them. I hope they can sit there for a few months now. The only thing on the horizon is a 6-month check with my oncologist in January. I hope it stays that way.
 
I am reminded of how much gratitude comes in to play here. I am grateful to have a life and a body that deserve being tracked and recorded. I am grateful my health issues have been manageable and that I continue to live life fully.
 
I am set for a blog break for the next couple of days, out for more fresh air with some students on an environmental and team-building field trip. Let's see what I have to report back on by Thursday.  

Comments