Just Plain Pleasant

Today I am grateful for my family and friends, and the ways we stay connected, big and small. I am also grateful for the other blogs that I follow, on a variety of topics.

Yesterday was one of those days that was just plain pleasant. After that nice morning run with Darcy, my sister and her boyfriend and my brother, his wife and their son came to visit and watch Sam play football. I appreciated that they made the trip and it was perfect football-viewing weather. Sam's team won, so we all got to see a victory and, let's face it, that makes it a little more pleasant.

After the game, we had a nice lunch at a local restaurant. We sat outside on their patio, overlooking the Mississippi River, in plain view of our old bridge, soon to be gone, and our new bridge, soon to be completed. The food and the conversation were pleasant.

My sister and her boyfriend hit the road, and the rest of us headed back to our house. The boys had time to hang out and the adults enjoyed sitting on our back patio, continuing to soak up the fresh air of a beautiful day. I was telling my brother and his wife that I appreciated their visit because it also helped me do something like simply sit in a chair on our patio and chat. If they hadn't been visiting, I would have probably been finding work of one kind or another to do.

Darcy and I rounded out the evening with some coffee and apple pie on our front porch.

I appreciated all of our visitors, the time we had together, the beautiful weather, the slower pace of a day to enjoy. It was just plain pleasant from beginning to end.

Comments