Stride In

Today I am grateful for the ability to see the steam rising from my cup of coffee and for a few minutes spent in quiet meditation.

I am also grateful for time with my good friend Jill yesterday. Talking with her helps me find clarity.
Thanks Jill!

As we prepare to head out on a long training run this morning, I am thinking about "stride in."  In all my years of running and a few years of coaching track and field, I can't say I have ever heard the phrase "stride in."  "Stride out" is used a lot, but not "stride in." Stride out is a good phrase, and one that reminds me to loosen up, go with the flow, reach, relax. Always good things to keep in mind.

But what I am thinking about now and will take with me as we head out the door is how nice it sounds to stride in to the first steps of our run on a nice cool morning. Stride in to this new day with new opportunities for grace, gratitude, and service.

Comments