Fresh Garden Tomatoes

Today I am grateful for safe travels, time with family, and a healthier perspective on my job.

This weekend I spent a few minutes with my mom in her garden. We were picking tomatoes, some ripe and some not quite. They will ripen off the vine in the next few days.

I appreciate that my mom, 84 and getting more frail, continues to garden. I think it is good for her in many ways. It is heartening to me that she is still able to keep a garden.

And we get to enjoy the results. Just a few minutes after picking the tomatoes, I cut one up and ate it. You can't beat that kind of freshness.

She sent a bunch of tomatoes home with us and we enjoyed them with our meal last evening. We will continue to enjoy them as the week goes on. A tomato and a taste of gratitude. A good combination.

Thanks Mom!

Comments