Mindful or Mind full? And then a Blessing . . .

Today I am grateful for safe travels and an enjoyable visit to Iowa.

The visit included a chance to see several family members, Sam getting a good dose of the farm, and a solid, though hilly, 17-mile training run for Darcy and I.  It also included some much needed relaxation and time away from all the stressors of work and home that awaited our return.
Sitting outside in the early morning and at dusk were highlights too.

Here it is Monday morning now and those stressors are knocking on the door of my brain again. Mindfulness or mind-fullness? That is my daily struggle.

Yesterday's "Word of the Day" on gratefulness.org was well-timed:

"May the sun bring you new energy by day; may the moon softly restore you by night; may the rain wash away your worries; may the breeze blow new strength into your being."
(an Apache blessing)

Nature has a way of bringing me back to center. Simply pausing and paying attention to my surroundings is a good start. I am sitting on our front patio doing just that before and after I finish this post. There isn't much of a breeze this morning, but there is the new strength of daily gratitude practice. 

Let the day begin. 

Comments

  1. This post speaks to me - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got caught up in my day and lost track of mindfulness, but I came home and went for a nice bike ride and I got back to here and now.

      Delete

Post a Comment