Intensity Level

Today I am grateful for long-time colleagues and for new colleagues. The former are a source of comfort, the latter a source of new enthusiasm.

My sister Aileen used the word intense in an email yesterday. Intense. Intensity. My own level. Other people's levels.

I can't control other people's intensity level, but I do have something to say and do about my own. When my intensity level is healthy, it is good for me, but also good for those around me. When I can maintain a calm reaction to someone else's high intensity level, that tends to help a situation and keep it moving in the right direction.

That last paragraph was basically a pep talk I needed for myself. If you glean something from it too, all the better! I am in the midst of a very intense time at work and my approach to it can make all the difference.

To start my day with some quiet gratitude puts my intensity level in the healthy range. The challenge is keeping it there. An open mind and heart and a mantra like "Be kind and gentle with yourself and others" should help.  Onward!

Comments