Diving In

Today I am grateful for sweatshirts and well-timed messages from others.

I needed that sweatshirt this morning when I walked Oliver. I so appreciate the cooler weather. I know I have repeated that gratitude lately, but it is worth repeating. As someone who really enjoys the changing seasons and aspects of each of them, I am also usually ready for the next season to come along.

The well-timed message was from Melody Beattie in today's reading in her book The Language of Letting Go.  She said "Help me dive fully into the present moment."

That will be a challenge for me today, as I am already pretty busy up in my head and my work agenda is a very full one today. I love the idea though, and the simplicity.

So I took the time to come out to our front patio in the cool morning air, in the early dawn, enjoying the soothing sound of our fountain. I dove in fully and it was good.

I will keep diving into the moments today and feel the refreshing energy that is found there.

Comments