In Simplest Form

Today I am grateful for the sound of crickets to confirm my ears are working. I am also grateful for the simple joy of awakening to a new day full of opportunities.

This was a recent "Word of the Day" on www.gratefulness.org

"Joy is the simplest form of gratitude."  (Karl Barth)

To find joy in the little things is certainly an easy street to more gratitude. But that doesn't mean it is always easy for us to do. Action, or perhaps inaction, is needed.

Pause. Pay attention. Listen. See. Feel. Taste. Smell. Joylets, as my sister Aileen has dubbed them, are all around.

Water flowing. Dawn rising. Cool breeze blowing. Fresh coffee. Joylets to start the day in grateful mindfulness.

Look for gratitude in its simplest form today and you are sure to find it. 

Comments

  1. Thank you Leslie. I too find it interesting and informative . . . gratitude practice opens both doors and windows. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment