Saturday Night Ice Cream

Today I am grateful for a nice, cool morning on our back patio, shared with my husband Darcy and some playful squirrels. I am also grateful for ice cream.

I am a big fan of ice cream. Actually, I'm hooked on it. I'll blame my family. We seem to be genetically predisposed to be quite fond of it. Several of us are afflicted with this problem.  

I'll eat ice cream any day of the week, but over the years Saturday has been an especially frequent day to indulge. In my single days, many Saturday nights went like this: frozen pizza, movie rentals, ice cream.

In more recent years, married and marathoning, Saturday is often the day we do a long training run. That makes it a perfect time to treat myself to some ice cream.

I enjoyed some Ben and Jerry's "Phish Food" last night while watching the Olympics. I admit to overindulging at times, but I also justify my ice cream consumption easily. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I exercise. Ice cream is my treat.

It soothes me.There are no hangovers. And it doesn't give me bad breath. Ice cream it is! 

Comments