17 for 17

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy and for our marriage.

Today is our 17th anniversary!

Seventeen reasons I am grateful for Darcy and our marriage:

1. The love we share and how it keeps growing and evolving.
2. Our shared "hobby" of running marathons together.
3. How we both have an affinity for treats from our local bakery.
4. Matching recliners in our living room and the times we use them.
5. How quickly Darcy forgives me. (I need it more than I care to admit.)
6. How he puts family first.
7. His sense of humor and how he can use it to defuse me.
8. The involved and caring father he is.
9. The loving grandfather he is to our grandson Leo.
10. Going to sleep and waking up next to him.
11. Sharing the work of keeping up a house, paying bills, etc.
12. There are still sparks.
13. He accepts me as I am.
14. He likes clean cars.
15. He supports me in my recovery.
16. We have shared dreams for our future.
17. Our communication brings understanding.

Marriages, like any relationship worth having, are a mixture of work
and fun, doing our own part and letting the other person do theirs.

Read a little about how we met here. See where we were married here.

My life changed forever when I met Darcy and the blessings keep coming.
Thanks dear!

I love you. Happy Anniversary!

Comments

Post a Comment