Sharing Some Strides

Today I am grateful for a good training run yesterday and for Sam's baseball season.

That baseball season is now over, but I want to thank Sam's coaches, teammates, the other parents and grandparents who contributed to an enjoyable and successful season.

On that long run yesterday we encountered and greeted runners, walkers, bikers, and a few small critters. It is nice to see others out and about in our beautiful community on a typical warm and humid July morning.

We shared some strides and conversation with a fellow runner for a brief time in the middle of our run. He came up behind us and then went on ahead, but in between we talked about our upcoming marathons. He has two, we have one. I appreciate the camaraderie among runners, and especially appreciate talking to those who have traveled the marathon distance and keep going back for more, like Darcy and I do.

We shared some strides, then his longer and faster strides sent him off ahead. Darcy and I settled back into our usual stride and finished out a good run. It was a good way to start the day.

Sharing some strides. What else can I share today with others? The more present and mindful I can be, the more I will be able to both give and receive. 

Comments