Tiny Prayers

Today I am grateful for a stopwatch that works and the feeling I get when I put pen to paper in my gratitude journal each morning.

I want to thank my friend Steve for using these two words together the other evening: tiny prayers. He was talking about his own growing awareness, of being able to say tiny prayers in situations and circumstances when before that never would have happened.  I appreciated hearing that because I am a lot like him in this way. Thanks Steve!

Being able to say tiny prayers means I am able to be out of my own head and have an awareness of others and the world around me. I am reminded of Anne Lamott's book about the three essential prayers of Help, Thanks, and Wow!

Being able to say tiny prayers helps me through my day and helps me maintain sobriety and recovery from alcoholism.

It can be a tiny prayer going out to someone I know is suffering or a tiny prayer of thanks for being a witness to the coming daylight this morning. It can be a tiny prayer to help me keep my mouth shut and my ears open. It can be a tiny prayer of love to family.

Or a tiny prayer of wherever those sirens are headed, help those people. Or sending tiny prayers around the world to hungry children.

What tiny prayers come to your mind? Send them out . . .

Comments