Stillness or Mental Noise?

Today I am grateful for that cooler air we had hoped for and for the entertainment value and laughter provided by old movies like "Sixteen Candles."

This quote from Eckhart Tolle really resonated with me recently:

"To meet everything and everyone through stillness instead of mental noise is the greatest 
gift you can offer the universe."

The universe doesn't need more of my harsh judging or wheel-spinning. It doesn't need more of my complacent cynicism that can flare up.  The universe doesn't need my mental noise, and I certainly do not either.

Stillness, however, has much to offer. Stillness is welcoming and open. Stillness is accepting. Stillness allows me to gather energy.

With that energy I can offer the universe effective involvement and be of better service.


Comments