Take a Seat

Today I am grateful for pleasant conversation and good food shared with a wonderful group of women. I am also grateful for forgiveness-both that which I need to give and that which I need to get.

I appreciated being able to take a seat among that group of women yesterday as we gathered to celebrate my friend Julie's retirement. (More on Julie in another post soon.)  I saw colleagues and friends I hadn't seen in a while. I got to appreciate the company, and the fact that I sat and relaxed for a couple hours after weeks of very hectic times.

This morning I took a seat on our front patio and participated in the sunrise while I composed this post. I participated in enjoying a cup of coffee, the birds singing, the soothing fountain. I participated in the moment at hand.

Later this morning I will take a seat next to my friend Julie at the closing prayer service my school always has for faculty and staff on the last day we are together each year. A positive year in many ways, this school year also had some struggles and some turmoil -some was my own, some was systemic.

From my seat on our porch this morning, I choose to take energy from the positves and take lessons from the challenges.

Participating in life doesn't mean we are always on the go. Sometimes it means taking a seat, observing and reflecting. Life is both active participation and active pausing. Enjoy both today.

Comments