Ordination A-F

Today I am grateful for time with our immediate family to celebrate Darcy's ordination as a deacon. I am also grateful for all of those who helped make yesterday's event a smooth one.

I could probably come up with an A-Z Ordination gratitude list, but I am tired and short on time, and A-F is a good start.

A=Alleluia
Just one word of some of the beautiful music we heard at ordination. And an appropriate refrain of joy (and relief) for the ordinands and those supporting them.
B=Bishop
The presiding bishop is a warm-hearted man with a sense of humor. He made an important ceremony a pleasant ceremony as well.
C=Cantor
She sang beautifully, only about 20 feet from where we were sitting, and she persevered through a long list of intentions that were sung.
D=Deacon
Darcy, Mary, and Beth, along with many others, were ordained and encouraged to serve. I want to thank them for all the service they have already done.
E= Everyone
Everyone of us has a calling and chances to serve. It can be in a faith community, or any community where two or more are gathered.
F= Father
Happy Father's Day to Darcy and all fathers. I very much respect the father that Darcy is to all three of his children. He is a blessing in all of our lives. And I think of my own father on this day. I miss you Dad!

Comments