Ball Diamonds

Today I am grateful for ceiling fans and for ball diamonds.

On Saturday we went to watch our niece play in a softball tournament. Yesterday, Sam and I went to our neighborhood park a block away and played a little baseball. The complex we were at on Saturday was deluxe compared to the minimal set-up at the park, but I am grateful for both. Sam and I have spent many hours at that park playing ball and that has been quality time together, time I appreciate. Just being able to keep throwing, catching, and hitting is pause for gratitude.

But I also appreciate the nice complex we saw on Saturday and the busy nature of four diamonds in close proximity, each with their own games, players, coaches, umpires, and fans. It gives me pause to consider the hundreds of ball diamonds I have played, coached, and spectated at over many years.

Many happy memories in my life have taken place at ball diamonds. The ones nearest and dearest to my heart are the ones I spent the most time on as a player and coach. I can see them in my mind's eye.

What happy memories and locations can you see in your mind's eye today?

Comments