Pause. Commute.

Today I am grateful for my job and the people I work with. I am also grateful for a new snow shovel.

We had a lovely fall in the weather department, but winter is back early. Two days of snowy and slow commutes to work gave me plenty of time to consider a few things.

*When the weather requires slowing down, it helps me slow down my head a bit too. I focus on the priority of two eyes on the road, two hands on the wheel. Other "stuff" gets a break.

*Thank you to most of my fellow Minnesota winter drivers. We quickly get back into practice and give each other space and courtesy. (I say most because the others are the ones who scare me--in a hurry, overly confident in their vehicle, their own driving, or the conditions.)

*"I will get there when I get there" is true for my job on a rough driving morning. People understand that circumstances warranted more time. "I will get there when I get there" can also hold true in my personal efforts to grow and learn. Some days the highway of life is clear and dry. On other days, it is slippery and unpredictable. There is plenty to learn on each type of road.

Pause. Commute. Learn. Grow. Pause again. Be grateful to reach the destinations of today.

Comments