A Vital Count

Today I am grateful for my job and the variety of people I get to connect with there. I am also grateful for my favorite running pants and their comfort.

This quote from my gratitude journal yesterday seemed a very fitting way to wrap up my look at a few things I take for granted:

"It is vital that people 'count their blessings' to appreciate what they possess without having to undergo its actual loss." (Abraham Maslow)

Sadly, too often it takes losing something to appreciate its value. We get caught up in life and the day to day busy times. Next thing you know, weeks have gone by and we have been going through the motions of living, but not really living. If one is not present and mindful in this moment, in this hour, can we truly consider that living?

Regular gratitude practice allows the vital counting of blessings. The counting of blessings brings presence and mindfulness. Presence and mindfulness helps me live life fully and embrace the joy currently offered up by the universe.

Who and what are in your vital count of blessings today?


Comments