Sound Advice from Chalk Art

Today I am grateful for a good long run on a warm morning, and for the chalk art that inspired me for a few miles. I am also grateful to be part of a DVD project for breast cancer patients and their families titled "Voices of Hope."  More on that tomorrow.

Back to the sound advice offered by the chalk art that covered the trail for a few miles of my run this morning. Someone was busy and offered plenty of encouragement.  "Enjoy the view" reminded me to look at the beautiful overlook of the Mississippi River bluffs. My riverside community has an abundance of natural beauty, but I will sometimes be too deep in thought or too familiar with my path to really notice this particular day and time and the scene it sets.  Thanks for the reminder!

I chuckled as I came to an intersection with a road and the chalk art said "Don't get hit by a car."  Solid advice once again!  Pay attention to your surroundings so you stay safe, but also so you don't miss the little surprises that being in the great outdoors usually offers.

Thanks chalk artist(s)! You reached at least one of us.

Comments