3 x 3 = Better Perception

Today I am grateful for:

My husband: our marriage, running together, his quirks that make him who he is

My job: my colleagues, student progress over a year, parents who care

My writing: ongoing inspiration, processing emotions, passion for it

That is my example of what I mean by 3 x 3. List three people, places, and/or things that you are grateful for and then list three things about each that you appreciate. Maybe an A-Z gratitude list or a Top 10 list isn't what you feel like today. Try 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 or whatever combination you like.

The key is to practice the gratitude regularly and to give yourself a variety of ways to do that. The subtitle of this blog is: Building a better perception of self and surrounding world through the regular practice of gratitude. My perception was unhealthy, tainted by self-pity and fear, for many years. Gratitude is clearing away the fog, cleaning the glasses, focusing on the gifts instead of the regrets.

After two months of blogging here, I can tell you my level of gratitude has reached a new high and I have more energy and more calm than I did, even in the face of busy times.

More gratitude practiced, better perception achieved. It works, it really does.

Comments

  1. I just read through this posting and had to express gratitude personally. Very clear and succinct!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment