Take a Seat Elsewhere . . .

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the comfort of the sofa I am sitting on and the lamp that is providing a gentle but effective light. I am also grateful for the mobility of laptop computers.

I can become such a creature of habit, slipping into default mode and following my typical routine. Or I can mix it up a little and a simple shift can lead to a more significant shift. This morning, that simple shift is in the form of having a seat somewhere different.

I often sit at the desk where our computer is and do my writing there. Today, I grabbed this mobile laptop and took a seat on the sofa across the room, giving me a new perspective on my writing and on my start to the day.

I am near some family pictures and our most recent marathon and half marathon pictures and medals.
Pausing to look closer, to hold a medal in my hand and feel it there, the remnants of the energy that helped me earn the medal remain. I felt the metallic coolness, reliving the moment of relief and exhilaration as I crossed the finish line.

Taking a moment to take in a family photo that has Sam standing shorter than Darcy and I. Our young son is now a young man, and taller than both of us. The love in my heart flows as I consider the infant, toddler, and little boy that Sam was and still is as part of himself.

Life feels richer, more calm. Priorities feel right. All it took was a little change in routine and perspective. A fresh start to a new day.

Take a seat elsewhere. Revel in gratefulness for a few moments. Time slows and contentment flows.

Comments