Honor Thy Run

Today I am grateful for the run that Darcy and I got in yesterday afternoon, and for recovery tools that not only help me maintain sobriety but also some sense of peace and sanity.

It has been a very full and hectic last week, between work commitments, family activities, and more. They have been good things, but they have also left me exhausted. When I got home from work yesterday, I was determined to get a run in, but I was also lagging in energy and lacking in time.

Darcy felt the same way. It helped that we pushed one another out the door, figuratively speaking.
We ran together, a well-worn loop that we have done many times. We shared some conversation, and also some time in our own heads and bodies, letting the busy day unwind out of us, stride by stride, breath by breath.

It could have gone either way. Choosing to get out there and run or not. It is so important to make time for what matters and for our healthy outlets. Running is definitely one of those for me.

Honor thy run. Honor what makes a difference in your health and well-being. I am sure appreciating that I got the release and renewal from yesterday's run. Honor thy run. Honor thyself.

Comments