My Boys

Today I am grateful for the feel of pen to paper when I am writing just to be writing. I am also grateful for my trusty old jumprope (and I do mean old).

"My boys" is my term for my husband Darcy, son Sam, and our dog Oliver. They are my housemates and three loves of my life. Sometimes we are each doing our own thing in various places around the house, and sometimes we are together, enjoying a meal, a brief discussion, or just the same space.

With recent weather, snow days, cancellations, changed plans, and so on, we have had more time to share this space and proximity. We have joined together in seasonal tasks like shoveling and roof raking that have been necessary. Oliver's trips outside have been shorter in the bitter cold and deep snow.

We are all feeling a little restless, a little stir-crazy at times. Still, I am content here with my boys.
I relish this time together as Sam heads closer to graduation and Oliver ages. These are moments to treasure and capture and not rush through.

Just sit for a minute or two and take in the familiarity, the comfort, the shared understanding. The quirks, the love, the caring.  Take in sharing part of my day with my boys.

Comments