Just Another Day, To Live, To Love

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy, our marriage, and the life we have built together through the joyful times and the challenging ones too. I love you dear!

Valentine's Day can be a tough day for many, and it often was for me back in my teens and twenties. It can be a day full of expectations, or regrets, or deficits. And it can be a big disappointment or a painful reminder of what is missing in life.

With my work in recovery, and the unconditional love and support of others on the same journey, as well as caring friends and family, by the time I hit 30, I had a broader view of this day. Thanks also to the gratitude practice I was just getting into, I realized that I am surrounded by love and support. And that is worth acknowledging every day, not just on a day like this.

Had I found a mate and marriage yet? No. But I came to embrace the idea that my life was full and rich as is, not lacking.  I expected less and accepted more. I was healthier and had more to bring to a relationship when I did meet Darcy at age 32.

Love is multi-faceted and defies full definition or description. It must be felt and experienced. Romantic love is only one facet, beautiful and wonderful for sure, but there is so much more to love.

I am blessed with the love of others today, and the love of a Great Spirit to guide me on my human way. It's just another day to live, to love. If I expect less and accept more, I also tend to have more love to share.

Wishing you all a happy day, celebrating who and what you love today.


Comments