In a Minute

Today I appreciate that we had safe travels over the weekend and a nice visit with our family. I also appreciate the food choices I have.

As we started our trip on Saturday morning, we were treated to a beautiful sunrise. I took a few moments to fully view the coming day. It was partly cloudy and there had been about a 60-degree temperature turnaround from the coldest wind chills of midweek. Pink and orange played together and the giant sun emerged.

I appreciated that my husband was driving and I could just sit and take it in as we drove east, enjoying coffee that someone else made. Most days, the sunrise doesn't get my full attention for that long. It's a good goal though.

Later in our trip, when it was my turn to do some driving, I took a minute to focus on my hands on the steering wheel, the engine humming reliably, the brake and accelerator pedals at my feet.

During our visit, I paused to notice the variety of playful and inquisitive faces made by our grandson Aaron, and his warm smile of familiarity that means the world to us.

A minute here, a minute there. In a minute, I find gratefulness, awe, peace, joy. It all adds up to worthwhile days.

Comments