Go

Today I am grateful for the blessings and lessons of 2013 and the hopes and energy I have to head into 2014. I am grateful for this blog and what it is teaching me. Happy New Year to all!

Today's word is a short two letters: GO. It seems fitting. Go into the new year, into the new day, into the new hour with mindfulness and more will be revealed.

I got the idea for today's word from Brother David Steindl-Rast's suggestion for approaching 2014. He sums it up in three words: Stop. Look. Go. As he says:

Stop! -- so that you will not hurry past the gift this moment offers you.
Look! -- so you will recognize this gift: the opportunity available now.
Go! -- that means: Do something with this precious opportunity!

If you want to read the full post (it's brief) or anything else at the website gratefulness.org go here.

This moment, this day is indeed a precious opportunity. Ask those who have lost a loved one this past year. Ask those whose own health or the health of a loved one is limiting their daily choices and mobility.

What will I do with this precious opportunity? I will go in to 2014 with a full and thankful heart. I will keep writing and talking about and practicing gratitude. Looking for a New Year's resolution?Start actively practicing gratitude today. Write in a journal. Say an A-Z gratitude list.Do a 3 x 3 or  4 x 4. Write a letter. Start a gratitude list on your phone. Reach out to others. Serve.

I encourage you to get started. Any gratitude practice counts. It needn't be daily. Go. Go find a better perception of self and surrounding world. Stop. Look. Go.

Comments